Over the years, many have shared their time, talents and compassion as either volunteers or staff with those who make their home at Quaker Heights.
To complete an application online, click here.
We strive to exemplify high standards in health care that maximizes our residents’ quality of life. This is accomplished through appropriate hiring, employee learning, empowerment, strong human relations among staff and those we serve, and by fostering a strong sense of belonging.
While we may not always have an opening, you may submit an application for positions below that fit your training and experience.
RN or LPN (Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse) — Provides direct nursing care to residents and supervises the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants (STNAs) according to federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Clinical Services or Unit Manager to ensure that the highest degree of care is maintained at all times.
STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) — A STNA provides her/his assigned residents routine daily nursing care and services that are appropriate according to the resident’s assessment and care plan, the resident’s choice, and as may be directed by the STNA’s supervisors.
There are opportunities for adult and youth volunteers to interact with residents or that allow volunteers to support administrative and fundraising efforts. Individuals may choose what best fits their interests and time. Some may come regularly to Quaker Heights and others are content to be contacted as needs arise. Those who work directly with residents usually are under the direction of the Director of Activities. Those who wish to be part of the Friends of Quaker Heights (doing administrative support and fundraising events) are usually directed by the Director of Development and Marketing.
Here are a few ways people volunteer:
- Reading to residents
- Leading or assisting in a craft-making session
- Conducting a gardening activity
- Leading singing
- Presenting musical entertainment (playing an instrument, singing, etc.)
- Participating with diverse church groups that offer Bible study and other devotionals
- Helping to prepare mailings
- Helping to host community outreach and fundraising events
All volunteers must complete an application (click here) and submit to a background check including finger printing.
If you want to volunteer, contact either Jenny or Lisa (see below).
- Jennifer Hatfield, Director of Activities (firstname.lastname@example.org; 513-897-6050, ext. 130), coordinates volunteers who interact with residents. Call her if you would like to discuss this type of volunteer opportunity.
- Lisa Gooding, Director of Development and Marketing (email@example.com; 513-897-6050, ext. 128), coordinates volunteers who assist with fundraising projects and community outreach. Call her if you would like to discuss this type of volunteer opportunity.