Are you recovering from a stroke, injury, joint replacement, other surgery or illness and need physical, occupational or speech therapies that are nearby? Quaker Heights Outpatient Therapy program may suit your needs. We are especially sensitive to seniors but can help all ages.
At Quaker Heights, we offer skilled rehabilitation services that provide patients with the tools and skills they need to achieve their highest potential for function. Therapy helps those who are recovering from an illness, injury, surgery, or disability by restoring lost abilities and teaching new skills.
Quaker Heights offers extensive rehabilitation programs including:
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment of neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiac, pulmonary, and swallowing related diagnoses.
- Treatment for orthopedic conditions such as hip fractures and elective joint replacement.
- Therapists are available up to 7 days a week to provide advanced clinical programming focused on a rapid recovery.
- Electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and diathermy modalities for pain reduction and for enhancing muscle function, healing, and edema management.
- Home assessments prior to discharge from our inpatient rehab program.
- Outpatient therapy services for ALL AGES, to meet the needs of those in the community.
Physical Therapy provides:
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment programming for improving mobility, reducing pain, increasing function, and improving quality of life.
- Strengthening exercises to improve movement and decrease pain, allowing patient to reach maximum independence with mobility.
- Gait analysis and training to improve independence, balance, and decrease fall risks.
- Harness/ceiling track system for advanced unweighted gait and balance retraining. (http://rehabharness.com/)
- Prosthetics training
Occupational Therapy provides:
- Claudia-Allen Cognitive Testing assesses physical and cognitive needs to assist in discharge planning.
- Assessment and individualized training for completing activities of daily living (dressing, bathing, and toileting).
- Strength training to improve core strength, balance, activity, tolerance, and upper body strength.
- Training for use of adaptive equipment and assessment of home needs.
- Fully equipped kitchen with small appliances, washer, and dryer to simulate home setting.
Speech-language Pathologist provides:
- Individualized assessment and advanced programming for speech, language, swallowing, voice, and/or cognitive disorders.
- Cognitive training, vocal exercise, aphasia therapy, and dysphagia treatment.
- State-of-the-art neuromuscular electrical stimulation to address swallowing disorders.
- Recommendations for dementia care, dementia-specific testing, and training for communication strategies with patients experiencing progression of dementia.
Our Therapy Department is accessed from the Miami Road Post Acute Care entrance. Please contact us for more information; 513-897-6050.
- Check Out some Therapy Videos:
“Before going to Quaker Heights for rehabilitation because of a hip replacement, I had issues-namely, food allergies and diabetes. I was very impressed that the staff from multiple departments were eager to meet with me prior to my stay and were willing to work out whatever I needed in order for my recovery to go smoothly. I arrived after my surgery and because of the continuous one-on-one personal help from the cooks and my room’s refrigerator and microwave, all of my dietary requirements were met. This, in itself, was a major accomplishment on the part of Quaker Heights’ dietary personnel and a big relief for me. Occupational Therapy showed me how to do everyday tasks in ways I had never before considered which in turn made things easier for me and conserved my energy. Physical Therapy taught me what I had stubbornly resisted in the past-that exercise is essential to my overall health and wellbeing AND actually helps relieve pain. Through the innovative and imaginative work of the PT therapists (even on weekends) and the OT therapists, I regained my ability to walk once again. I sincerely believe that had I gone home directly from the hospital rather than going to Quaker Heights, my healing process would have been greatly compromised and would have affected me not only physically, but emotionally as well. The care and kindness I received from everyone-Nurses, Aides, Dietary Personnel, Therapists, Activities Directors, Housekeeping, and Management Staff-made me feel more like a family member rather than that of a patient. And for that, I can’t thank them enough. I highly recommend that you tell your friends and family to consider Quaker Heights for rehabilitation and, if possible, to financially help them. We all need to support places like this…places that are doing it right!“–Tanis Douglas, September 2016
“Both my wife and I feel so blessed to have found Quaker Heights Care Community. In the past year, I have had both knees surgically replaced an my wife had one hip replaced. I can’t say enough good things about the care we both received. The staff always treated us with the utmost respect, dignity, and professionalism. The healing atmosphere at Quaker Heights is always bright and cheerful. All the rooms have big, bright windows, allowing them to be even more cheerful. We always felt our healing and comfort were the most important things on everyone’s minds. The state of the art Physical Therapy room is second to none. The well-trained knowledgeable, and caring staff work tirelessly with you to get you back to 100% as soon as possible. We were so satisfied with both the Occupational and Physical therapy that we received while we were patients in the new Short-Term Care Facility, that we both returned to Quaker Heights for Outpatient Therapy. Our expectations were always surpassed. The Common Areas and the attractive outdoors areas were great places to spend time with visitors and family members. We have recommended Quaker Heights to several of our friends and relatives and you can be sure that if either of us ever requires such care in the future we will be back.”
-James Lorz, August 2016
“After a cycling accident had left me with a fractured collar bone, 4 fractured ribs, a fractured pelvis, a fractured sacrum, and the inability to walk more than 2 steps at a time, I spent 17 days at Quaker Heights. I found the care, support, and comfort there to be better than I could have ever imagined. The PT/OT that I received daily was consistent, thorough, and very productive. The nursing and support staff were extremely friendly, caring, and always made me feel at home. I have absolutely nothing but positive things to say about my stay.”
-Alan Stutes, August 2016
“Hats off to the Quaker Heights Short Term Rehab Care Facility! Following my total knee replacement, I had the opportunity to convalesce within their warm, home-like atmosphere. The large private rooms, dining area, living room, and porches were very attractive and well maintained. The staff was friendly and very professional. Even the cooks and hospitality workers went out of their way to make my stay pleasant. The rehab therapists had me exercising immediately under their trained supervision, and I was able to return home in less than 10 days with the aid of a cane. Thank you for your help!”
-Margaret Thoma July 2016
“Julian, Judy, and Devang were all outstanding and helpful. We were seen with absolutely no delay and the treatment helped immediately. Julian, thank you so much for fitting us into your busy schedule so quickly. Judy, thanks for such great care!”
“Everything is great. She loved going there and she’s actually responding very well in the Speed & Agility class she’s doing now. She said she’s having less pain now with running that she even had before her injury. Thank you so much for everything.” (referring to her daughters out-patient therapy experience and results)