Health, independence and quality of life are closely linked to good nutrition. Our Director of Clinical Nutrition (a registered dietician) evaluates residents’ eating abilities and monitors their likes, dislikes, and nutrition for food preparation needs as specified by their doctors. However, we are a “resident choice” facility which means that ultimately residents choose what they prefer to eat.
Meals and Menus
- Our kitchen staff is directed by a professional chef.
- Residents choose when they wish to eat within the open dining schedule and also may order room service if they prefer.
- Lunch is served in dining rooms between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner is served between 4:30 and 6 p.m.
- Room service is available between 7:15 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Breakfast is normally served in the Skilled Health Care resident’s room.
- Our Breakfast Club meets several times a week from 8 to 9 a.m. in the Health Care Center Main Dining Room. Residents from any part of our facility may gather together at this time and socialize. Each Breakfast Club participant’s choice is made to order by our chef.
- If residents don’t like what is on the menu, they may order from the “any time menu” between 7:15 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Residents may request snacks at any time.
- Residents may have guests for meals for a nominal fee per meal.
- Residents also often dine out with family and friends.
Feel free to schedule a tour and stop in for lunch. Please contact us for more information 513-897-6050.